This hot sauce/ chutney recipe is my favorite. Because it is flavour infused with garlic and 4 peppers. I like to eat it with fries, chicken nuggets, chicken wings and fried fish. I also like to add it to my shawarma and rice dishes. You can basically add it to anything. I created this recipe when I made momos/Chinese dumplings.(recipe coming Up). Don’t be scared to try it …remember to add ketchup or more tomatoes if it is to spicy for your taste..
8 Dried Red chillies soaked
4 Green chillies
1 Green pepper
4 Scotch Bonnet
10 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Venigar
2 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of water
2 tsp Oil
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil, place the tomato in the hot water and cook for 6 mins on high heat.
2. Drain the red chilies from the water and add it to the boiling water. Cook on high for 3 mins. Turn off the heat. Drain water and cool the tomato and red chilies.
3. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the garlic cloves and saute for a min. Turn off heat and set aside.
4. Once the tomato and red chilies reach room temperature, peel the tomato and discard the skin.
5. Blend the peeled tomato along with red and green chilis, green pepper, scotch bonnet, roasted garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt to a smooth paste. Add 1/3 cup water for a smooth flowing consistency.
6. Heat a 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the blended paste and cook on medium heat for 4 mins stirring constantly so that it does not burn. Turn off heat and remove to a serving bowl.
****You can dilute the the hot sauce if it is too spicy with ketchup. Or add more tomatoes to your recipe
Try it out with my momos/dumplings