Hello readers!! I know its been ages. I am so sorry for not uploading recipes at all. I know some of you wanted me to upload my semolina cake recipe but I didnt, I was quite busy. I am going to try and upload as many recipes as I can during the holidays. I am still new to blogging. I forgot to take a picture of the pizza dough with a nice camera. Luckily, I took a picture and posted it on Snapchat. I will update it later when my internet connection is fast.
Serving size: 3 large pizza/ 4 small pizzas
Prep time: 80 min
2 cups all purpose flour,
2 tblspoons of cornflour (optional)
1 sachet 7g yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 tspoon sugar
3 tablespoon oil
3/4 cups of warm water
1. Pour all the water in a bowl. Mix in the yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes until fully dissolved.
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients excrpt oil and put them through as sieve.
3. Mix the flour mixture with yeast and oil, then kneed the dough until fully mixed and smooth, add more flour if very sticky.
4. lightly brush another bowl with oil and transfer the dough inside. Turn the dough to coat with oil. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour to 2hrs.
5. Punch it in the middle, kneed it once more for about one minute, divide it into 3 and roll it out.
6. To make dough ahead of time. You can refrigerate it for about 2 days. To use, remove it from the fridge, then let it sit in room temp. for about 45min and you are good to go.
Are you looking for an alternative to the almighty maple syrup? Well if yes you have come to the right place. This hibiscus syrup recipe came to me in dream…..ahah gotcha!! I am just kidding.I saw a dessert on Instagram glazed with hibiscus syrup…that’s when the ideas starts flowing. So I thought oh why not make pancakes topped with hibiscus syrup. Well it took time but I finally made it.
Firstly I washed the hibiscus. Boil it with water and add limes to it. The cooking time depends on how much sugar to water ratio. If you put too much water let it boil a little more until your desired consistency is reached.
You can add this syrup to dessert , yoghurt, ice-cream and pancakes.
1 cup of Hibiscus flower
2 cups of Water
1/2 cup of sugar
Wash and boil the hibiscus with 1.5 cups of water for 20min. Drain it in a fine mesh to separate the juice from the soft hibiscus flower.
In a small saucepan, add 1 Cup of hibiscus juice and sugar, bring them to a boil and stir occasionally. If you are adding lime, cut it into pieces and add it to the mixture.
Check it every 10minutes until ur desired consistency is reached.
This hot sauce/ chutney recipe is my favorite. Because it is flavour infused with garlic and 4 peppers. I like to eat it with fries, chicken nuggets, chicken wings and fried fish. I also like to add it to my shawarma and rice dishes. You can basically add it to anything. I created this recipe when I made momos/Chinese dumplings.(recipe coming Up). Don’t be scared to try it …remember to add ketchup or more tomatoes if it is to spicy for your taste..
8 Dried Red chillies soaked
4 Green chillies
1 Green pepper
4 Scotch Bonnet
10 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Venigar
2 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of water
2 tsp Oil
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil, place the tomato in the hot water and cook for 6 mins on high heat.
2. Drain the red chilies from the water and add it to the boiling water. Cook on high for 3 mins. Turn off the heat. Drain water and cool the tomato and red chilies.
3. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the garlic cloves and saute for a min. Turn off heat and set aside.
4. Once the tomato and red chilies reach room temperature, peel the tomato and discard the skin.
5. Blend the peeled tomato along with red and green chilis, green pepper, scotch bonnet, roasted garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt to a smooth paste. Add 1/3 cup water for a smooth flowing consistency.
6. Heat a 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the blended paste and cook on medium heat for 4 mins stirring constantly so that it does not burn. Turn off heat and remove to a serving bowl.
****You can dilute the the hot sauce if it is too spicy with ketchup. Or add more tomatoes to your recipe